The frauds and scams using Japanese name, Japanese address, and Japanese Bank Account are increasing at high pace. Japan Trade Organization (JTO) would like to alert all companies and personals to be smart and confirm about all companies before any transaction. Be extra careful as chances of recovery after sending money to fraudster are almost zero. In almost all fraud cases, criminals immediately fled out of Japan after receiving money from victim.
How to Prevent Fraud in Japan:
- Take maximum steps to research a company or person in Japan before sending the money.
- Check if company or person in Japan asking you to send money has passed scrutiny of JCTO and is verified by “Japan Company Trust Organization” or not. If seller in Japan try to cheat you by saying, “This Organization is not important”, or “we don’t know about this Organization” etc. Never trust those fraud tricks. Inform the seller clearly that you will pay only after their company can passed scrutiny by Japan Company Trust Organization.
- Avoid to send cash payment, wire transfer or Bank transfer etc.
- Send payment through credit card or letter of credit.
- If seller in Japan only want cash payment, then send by “Japan Trust Pay”. Although their service charges are 3.2% of total amount, but that amount is like insurance of your money.
- The most important thing is inspection of goods before paying. Never pay before inspection. Ask Japan Inspection Organization for physical inspection of goods. We daily received complains from all over the world that importer received different product or poor condition product. If seller in Japan try to avoid physical inspection, that is enough reason to doubt that company/person.
Where to report fraud complaint in Japan:
If you are fraud victim from a company or person in Japan, report your case to Fraud Report Center of “Japan Anti Fraud Organization“.
Chances of recovery:
Chances of recovery of defrauded money are very low, as most fraudsters immediately fled out of Japan after receiving money from the victim.